Delicious Home Fries w/ Bacon
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 4 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5-6 slices of bacon
- Grapeseed Oil
- We Create Flavor's Grilled-Up Veggie Blend
- A bowl of cold water
- large frying pan (cast iron is best)
- Peel, then cube potatoes into bite-sized pieces, then place them in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown and this also removes some of the starch from the potatoes
- In a medium frying pan (preferably cast iron) add your bacon and allow it cook slowly so it renders it's fat and will not burn the bacon
- Half way through cooking your bacon, add the chopped red onions. Cook them together for a few minutes, then remove them from the pan and drain on a paper towel
- With the leftover bacon grease in the pan, add the drained potatoes and cook on medium-high, cook the potatoes half way through, then add your bacon and onions back and continue to cook until finished.
- Chef Notes: you may need a touch of Grapeseed Oil to prevent food from sticking
It's very important not to crowd your pan or the potatoes will steam, not fry. Cover slightly but keep checking for doneness. Season to taste with WCF"s Grilled Up Veggie Blend
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
Looks SO good! Great tip about not crowding the pan (I probably would have done that and ended up with mushy potatoes ‘smothered’ in bacon grease 😂). Thank you!